Earnesty is glad to present to you an interview with LittleMinx94 for winning the genre winner of romance category with her book Behind closed curtains. - EARNESTY COMMUNITY WATTPAD

Latest

"Earnesty Community" is currently a Wattpad based community that puts together awards events, writing contests, promotion, and many more!

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Earnesty is glad to present to you an interview with LittleMinx94 for winning the genre winner of romance category with her book Behind closed curtains.

~~

The question everyone wonders about, did you expected to win when you joined the competition or were you just trying out your luck?

-Absolutely not. Lol I put my name in the hat with sheer luck pushing me forward. Lol There were so many entries and so many great authors that I thought mine would get pushed to the back and forgotten about. My jaw literally dropped when I saw my name in the winners spot.

How has been your experience with Earnesty Community so far?

-It’s been wonderful! The judges have been so kind and on top of things and the users who run the event are always nice and professional and quick to respond. I’ve seen some contests on Wattpad where the people running it either snap and are rude to others or disappear from Wattpad for months, leaving their contest to sink.

what inspires you to write? Why do you write?

- I never thought I would be a writer, that’s for sure. I used to love reading books on Wattpad and would daydream all day long in classes and get lost in my own head creating stories and imagining scenarios playing out. So, I guess I should have seen it coming at one point. Lol

Once I got the writing bug, I couldn’t stop. I get inspiration from all around me. From songs or movies or shows I’ve seen. I get a small nugget of inspiration from another piece of art and then run with it. Daydreaming is how I get most of my novel plotted actually. My writer brain and characters won’t leave me alone at night when I’m trying to sleep and instead plan out the next ten chapters in a book. Lol

I write what I want to read, as I think any writer does.

Romance is a genre that kind of never goes out to style, why do you think is that?

- Everybody loves love, whether they want to admit it or not. Romance in reality sucks so often that it’s nice to be able to forget the pain of the real world and jump into a novel where love really does conquer all and heroes really do exist. We all want to believe that we will have that fairytale love one day so until then, we read about it to indulge ourselves.

Love will never go out of style and what is romance without love?

In your book BCC Zach and Leah are in an abusive relationship since last three years; do you feel Leah could have escaped it sooner?

- No. The first time Zach hits her, they’ve already been dating for just over a year and Leah has just signed a lease to move in with Zach instead of going to College and creating a life for herself. Zach began his manipulation of Leah quite early on with romancing her, making her fall for him and talking her into giving up college and moving in with him instead. Once they lived together and with Leah’s dad having moved away, she really didn’t have anyone else to turn to aside from Zach.

He isolated her and ruined her confidence like most abusers do. With no one to turn to and no one forcing themselves into Leah’s life to help, like Kaleb does, she had no hope of coming to conclusion on her own of how wrong Zach’s treatment of her was. Abusers make it so their victims think they deserve the punishments and treatment they dish out and make them so scared of being alone or being killed that the victims won’t take a chance at trying to leave them.

Without Kaleb coming into Leah’s life and showing her what real love was and talking to his sister who’d been abused before, I don’t think Leah would have ever gotten out and eventually Zach would have killed her.

I could see that you write quiet a lot about forbidden love; does being it forbidden makes love a bit more deeper than non-forbidden Love?

- Deeper? No. More intense with higher stakes? Most definitely. Forbidden romances always tend to build the tension between the two lovers in such a way that makes it more thrilling to read. They’re not supposed to be together, so of course, we want them together that much more.  The stakes are higher in forbidden romances which means that the couple really has to fight to be together and decide that their love really is worth risking it all for.

We want characters willing to go to the ends of the earth for each other and forbidden romances tend to have that in spades. The love between the couple always feels more… palpable in those situations. And the moment that they finally do give up and give into their feelings is so much more worth it when the feelings are forbidden and have been pushed down for so long.

Also, the sexual tension. Nough said.

have you ever experienced a forbidden love in your life?^^

- No, though I wish I had. Lol I’ve always wished I had a sexy teacher to fantasize about and sneak around with, knowing it was so wrong but just not being able to help ourselves. Alas, no such luck though.

Leah is an actor and that is a huge part of her, it means a lot to her, you yourself are an actor. So, what's that attracts you to act?

- I love anything that allows me to be creative. Acting is something I’ve done since I was younger and have since been lucky enough to secure as a full time job. The thrill of performing is one that never tires with time. Hearing an entire crowd laugh at something you’ve said or gasp or even be so moved to the point of tears gives a feeling like nothing else can. It’s addictive. Having a crowd of hundreds or even thousands cheer for something you’ve done is an adrenaline rush.

Standing on a stage with the stage lights in your face, looking out at a huge crowd who’s cheering and clapping for you is a feeling I hope everyone can experience one day and one of the big reasons I continue to act.

I also love being able to be someone else for a bit. If I ever want a change of pace, I slip into another characters shoes and take on their problems and love life and successes for a bit. It’s nice to be dramatic in someone else’s world for a while.

And lastly what's your future plans?

- Future plans as an author? I’ve plans to publish Behind Closed Curtains and my other novels. I was waiting until BCC surpasses 1 million reads to reach out and now that it has, I’m in final revisions of the novel and will have a Beta reader look over it next month before I send it off. I’ve had a couple smaller publishers reach out (very small) and show interest, so I feel confident that it will get picked up by someone sooner or later. I won’t stop trying until it does! Kaleb and Leah’s story deserves to be out there.

I wish you all the best luck and please remember me as one of your first interviewer when you get famous because i believe you will xD  

I hope you enjoyed reading the interview with littleminx94 just as much as i did while taking it

See ya later^^

- interviewed by -LNatalia

No comments:

Post a Comment