EC's exclusive interview with poznati for winning The action genre with her book L'Ange de la Mort   - EARNESTY COMMUNITY WATTPAD

Latest

"Earnesty Community" is currently a Wattpad based community that puts together awards events, writing contests, promotion, and many more!

Wednesday 3 October 2018

EC's exclusive interview with poznati for winning The action genre with her book L'Ange de la Mort  

Interview of poznati

At what point did you realize that you wanted to write L’Ange de la Mort: The Art of Revolution ? And what was your inspiration?

This story actually has a pretty long history. I've always loved books in historical settings and I've always loved the idea of placing darker/grittier themes alongside glamour and beauty, and a perfect example of that to me was always the French Revolution/ years leading up to the French Revolution. I started writing this book six years ago, but I got daunted by the amount of research and planning I would need and abandoned it. But I picked it back up in March of this year on a whim, and it's been the craziest journey since then!

I’ve noticed that you’re book is very well detailed. How did you go about researching for it?

Lots of websites, blogs, documentaries, books, movies, shows, and I even did (very badly) hand drawn maps of Versailles to get a better picture of where everything is. I can't even begin to tell you how much time I've spent researching and all the frustrations that have come along with it. But it's been really great fun too, and I've learned SO much from this experience, even if most of the information I now know is completely useless.

Any learning curves that you encountered while writing?

So many! I think the biggest thing I encountered was just my own self doubt and thinking I wasn't good enough, my writing wasn't good enough, I didn't do enough research or that I wasn't doing the story enough justice. Just basically thinking nothing was ever ENOUGH. And I still have those doubts and fears constantly. It's a constant growing process, but I'm learning to push them aside and do what I love anyway.

What made you want to enter the Earnestys Writers Awards 2018? And what were your expectations?

The award seemed very well run and organized, and that's hard to come by with awards on Wattpad (no offense to any other awards) so I was intrigued. I didn't expect to win anything that's for sure lol, but I was pleasantly surprised!

What was your reaction when you found out that you’d won? And how was your experience with Earnesty in general?

Like I mentioned before, I was not expecting to win at all, especially since there were so many great, well written books in the same category, so I was surprised to say the least! I've had a great experience so far! Definitely one of the better won awards on this site.

Do you plan on trying to get your book published?


That's always the dream, isn't it? I was originally planning for this book to be nothing but a practice novel before I really started trying to get published, but I've had a lot of success that I wasn't expecting at all, so I might need to change my game plan!

What are your expectations for the next Round(Round 3)?

I have none lol. I've always just always gone into contests with no expectations, so I'm never disappointed if nothing comes of it, and I'm always happily surprised if something does!

Any words of advice for your fellow writers?

My motto throughout the whole time I was writing my novel was 'just keep going', and I think that's the best advice I can give to other writers. Just keep going despite the writer's block and the stress and the self doubt. Don't let any of it get to you, do the best that you can, and just keep going!

- Interviewed by Mistress_Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment