We present to you an exclusive interview with hellocheeky for being the genre winner in EWA18 with her mystery / horror book Mine. - EARNESTY COMMUNITY WATTPAD

Latest

"Earnesty Community" is currently a Wattpad based community that puts together awards events, writing contests, promotion, and many more!

Wednesday 3 October 2018

We present to you an exclusive interview with hellocheeky for being the genre winner in EWA18 with her mystery / horror book Mine.

Interview with hellocheeky



1) What inspired you to start writing your book "Mine"?

Ans: I was actually first inspired to write a visual one shot (the prologue) by a mystery writing challenge here on Wattpad. Afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about the character I just created that I thought she just had to be in a cohesive plot. So, when I decided that I was going to expand my one shot, I immediately knew I needed a big enough plot. I started by wondering: what's something I'd like to read about? I do some brain storming and eventually thought of this story. I got attached and so, here we are.

2) Do you think you've made a lot of progress as a writer after writing it?

Ans: I believe, yeah, I've made a lot of progress as a writer after writing this. Seeing readers/critiques' reactions and feedbacks, I've learnt quite a lot. I'm always happy to correct certain aspects of my book and am definitely keeping in mind the reasons for this. So, on my next writing I'm less likely to commit the same mistakes. I also look back to my first few works like "Mine" to ensure improvement on my next stories, plot wise and character wise.

3) What was your favorite part about writing this book?

Ans: My favorite part about writing "Mine" was its two main characters' relationship. Their relationship has always had a good foundation, but at the same time there's still room for doubt and distrust. They consistently wrestle with their ideas and somewhat struggle to find a common ground, but due to their concern for each other they ought to help one another out when the inevitable happens.

4) What kind of experience did you had with the earnesty community and the competition?

Ans: My experience with the earnesty community has been delightful. I've gotten nothing but kindness and accommodation, that's why it's no wonder how the community has reached so far. Just as I'd expect from such a community, the contests and competitions are genuinely thoughtful and rewarding. Always sticking to their word and never giving flimsy or false statements. I've always been satisfied with the handling of the projects by the team.

5) would you consider entering more competitions?

Ans: Most definitely, I always seek to get my stories out there and I trust the team enough to know that my submissions are tended to and my books are in good hands.

6) What are your expectations for your book?

Ans: As for now, I just expect my book to reach more readers as long as it's up. Anything besides that, may happen in due time.

*

Interviewed by krazy-dreamer

*

No comments:

Post a Comment