Earnesty Community presents to you an exclusive interview with RowanShaw for winning the adventure / history genre. - EARNESTY COMMUNITY WATTPAD

Latest

"Earnesty Community" is currently a Wattpad based community that puts together awards events, writing contests, promotion, and many more!

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Earnesty Community presents to you an exclusive interview with RowanShaw for winning the adventure / history genre.


RowanShaw
1. How your experience has been with EC?


It was great from start to finish. Things were communicated in timely fashion and moved quickly.


2. What were you feeling when you entered the competition?

I was anxious and excited. I know there's tremendous stories out there and it can be humbling to know you're going head to head with some of these incredible storytellers in a competition.


3. How do you feel now after getting to know you've won the adventure/history genre?

I am thrilled! You always hope you win, but, as I mentioned, there are so many incredible stories in the competition that it is a privilege just to compete.


4. How did you get the idea for writing Artifact?

Many, many years ago it started as Harry Potter universe fan-fiction. I was on a Potter RPG site, and wrote the first two chapters as a fanfic based on the characters me and my friends had created. Everyone loved it and wanted me to write more, and I saw it as something that could evolve to its own story in its own world, so I went and pulled on that thread. The story today is nothing like that fanfic, but that fanfic was the spark that started the fire, if you will.


5. Anything you would like to say to the others who are in competition with you?

The few stories I checked out in the competition were quite compelling and eye-catching, and I'm sure there were many more that are in the progress of becoming absolute masterpieces. Congrats to the winners, the runners up, and kudos to all who submitted their works for the competition! I am honored to be in such good company.


Keep writing, keep evolving your story, don't be afraid to "lose work" in order to explore a different avenue for your story that may make it stronger. To borrow some of Madeleine L'Engle's words, if a story compelled you to write it, try to serve it and do it justice to the best of your abilities. It's all you can do.

Very well said 😄



Thank you for allowing me to participate in your contest, and for the interview.

Thank you for taking the time out for the interview and good luck for your future projects😊

*

Interviewed by -LNatalia

*

Thank you for reading
See ya next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment